How will you work in a group online?
What you can expect!
You may have attended group sessions online or this could be your first.
What you can expect is:
- A fun and engaging workshop session
- Fast-paced and energising
- Practical and strategy-based
- An opportunity to share and work in smaller breakout groups
- New connections and friendships
Guidelines for working in a group online
This program consists of three 2 hour online Zoom classroom sessions.
You will be attending with a group of teens across Australia and NZ.
To create a safe and positive experience for all, here are some guidelines for engaging together online:
- You will need a computer to join the session. Please don't join via smartphone or Ipad as it will limit your ability to engage in the session
- Turn your camera on and mute yourself unless sharing stories or experiences
- Share stories and experiences where comfortable. You can privately message your facilitator if you would not like to share publicly
- Ensure you are attending the online sessions from a quiet place with limited or no background noise for the comfort of other participants
- Use a headset to improve the sound quality for all participants
- Please respect the stories of others and keep what is shared 'in the room'
- Be aware of making judgemental statements about yourself or others
- Remember that all feelings are valid!
- Help create a safe space to be flexible and move outside your comfort zone
- Complete the pre-course activities so you are prepared for the course content