I Learn for Life supports children, teenagers, parents and educators with online face-to-face and self-paced courses.
Referrals can also be made to specialist support services or other Allied Health Professionals when appropriate.
Courses are scheduled as specific times throughout the year.
Join the mailing list to receive notifications of future courses.
Three different online workshops for teenagers
There are three programs running in 2023 to support teens in grades 10-12.
Facilitated as small group sessions run by a Psychologist.
Each program consists of three online classroom sessions 2hrs in length as well as an individualised assessment and report for each teen.
Develop resilience, improve wellbeing, manage stress and reduce anxiety
You will learn how to shift unhelpful and life-limiting choices such as, procrastination, perfectionism, worry, stress, anxiety or depression, into helpful, life-enriching choices, including; taking value-based goal-driven action, focusing on the present moment and how to foster positive, fulfilled engagement at school.
- How to manage unhelpful thoughts, feelings or situations with CBT
- What is happening in the teenage brain that contributes to stress and anxiety
- How to approach life with a resilient mentally healthy outlook and watch out for mentally unhealthy patterns with ACT
- What to do when you notice a mental decline
Courses for Term 1 2023
Tuesday - February 7th, 14th 21st (4-6pm AEST)
Tuesday - March 7th, 17th, 21st (4-6pm AEST)
Learn how to overcome roadblocks and reach your potential
You will identify the factors that inhibit your performance at school and then develop specific strategies to target and overcome that challenge. This course is best suited to learners with a specific challenge, topic area or subject they wish to improve.
- What is required for effective learning
- Identify personal learning roadblocks within the context of their current challenge
- Design a support strategy to overcome your specific challenge
- Improve their capacity to communicate their needs to others (teachers, parents, peers)
- Use productive failure, as a means to improve performance at school
Courses Term 1 2023
Wednesday - February 8, 15, 22nd (4-6pm AEST)
Wednesday - March 8, 15, 22nd (4-6pm AEST)
Unlock your natural learning preferences to get a better result in the classroom
You will identify your learning motivators and engagers and recognise the helpful and unhelpful behaviours you adopt when learning. You will develop metacognitive abilities which will increase your self-awareness and improve decision making when learning at school. This will result in you becoming more autonomous, self-reliant, flexible and productive.
- Understand the psychology behind teenage motivation and engagement
- Identify their learning motivators and engagers
- Correlate personal insights with specific strategies to improve how they engage when learning.
Courses Term 1 2023
Thursday - February 9, 16, 23rd (4-6pm AEST)
Thursday - March 9, 16, 23rd (4-6pm AEST)
Self-paced course for Parents of Teenagers
This course is available for Parents and Carers of young people who are struggling to engage or feeling stuck. They aim to provide the insights, skills and tools necessary to help you help your child.