Becoming a Growth Mindset Parent
How can I develop positive parenting habits and behaviour that support my child/ren across their lifespan?
Carol Dweck pioneered the work around growth and fixed mindset. These mindsets can be applied to learning, leadership, love, teaching and parenting. If you want to read more about the psychology of Mindset you can purchase Carol's book "Mindset: The new psychology of success. How we can learn to fulfil our potential".
Your perspectives and beliefs form your mindset, which can influence your ability to positively parent your child or children. Your mindset can both help and/or hinder you in becoming a positive role model as you manage the diverse parenting challenges that emerge.
Your mindset impacts your parenting approach throughout all ages as your child moves from baby to toddler, school student to teenager, and beyond!
Children are constantly learning and growing as individuals. They test boundaries, take risks, fail and succeed.Therefore you as a parent are constantly learning and growing too.The trials and tribulations as a parent of toddlers is different to those challenges faced by the parent of an adolescent.
As you face diverse parenting challenges you can identify your mindset and discover how your thoughts, perspectives and beliefs are both helping and hindering you in these situations.
This course will begin by identifying your cyrrent mindset as it relates to a specific parenting challenge and then suggest ways to overcome and better manage those challenges.
What to expect in this online program:
- Short video-type lectures to teach the key concepts
- Worksheets for reflection
- Personal report identifying: Are you a Growth Mindset Parent (emailed 48hrs after completion)
- Quizzes to check your knowledge
- Discussion board for personalised feedback
- Follow-up activities and reading list
Psychologist & Education Consultant (10+yrs).
A.Samson - Parent of Year 4 son
PreviewAre you a Growth Mindset Parent?
StartIntroduction & welcome (1:56)
StartComplete the Learning as a Parent survey
StartWhy should we develop a learning mindset as a parent? (1:48)
StartWhen parenting works! (0:29)
StartWhen parenting hurts! (0:32)
StartWhat gets you stuck when parenting? (3:16)
StartThe impact of not adapting as a parent (0:58)
StartWhat are my parenting roadblocks and what can I LEARN to do about it? (6:29)
Frequently Asked Questions
Learners have the option to book into virtual classroom sessions where individuals work together or one-on-one to apply their knowledge and skills. This enables learners to better transfer their new strategies to the real world. Sessions are held online via zoom.
Please visit the website for more information: www.ilearnforlife.org
Additional online modules can also be accessed which focus on:
- Get motivated and find your drivers
- Manage your emotions to maximise your learning
- Discover my learning preferences and limiting beliefs
- Develop a growth mindset to overcome obstacles
- Develop supportive relationships and connect to my 'team'
- Adopt the best strategy for your learning challenges
- Make effective choices about your future